Snapseed is one of the most popular photo editing apps out there. It’s a tiny app with plenty of editing tools you can use to make your photos stand out. Initially, it didn’t have the text box feature, but it was added to the toolbar in the version 2.8 released in 2016. Stick around, and we will give you some tips on how to add text and different effects to your photos in Snapseed.
Adding Text Effects
You can quickly add a caption to any photo using the text box, but Snapseed also allows you to create all kinds of text effects to make your photos unique. That includes shadow text, fade, overlap, and many more. First, find the picture you want to add text to and open it in Snapseed. From there, you can add text and effects as you wish.
Shadow in Text
- When you’ve added the photo, open the “Tools” bar and select “Text” to insert your text to the photo. Choose the position and select the opacity and color of your text.
- After you typed in the text, select the “Stack” icon in the top right corner of your screen and choose “View edits.”
- Click on the three dots to open the menu. Select “Copy” and then choose “Insert.” You will get another copy of the text you have entered previously. All of the effects will be duplicated as well.
- Select the filter you used and change the color of the text. Move the slider until the original text is gray, so it looks like a shadow. Move the duplicated text close to the original to get the shadow effect.
- You can also get the fade effect on the text in your photos. Open the “Text” tool and hit the “Brush” icon after you type in the text.
- Select the “Invert” icon and the “Eye” icon in the bottom to apply the fade filter to the entire text.
- Then, you should set the opacity ohttps://www.novodasoftware.com/f the brush to 0 and use your finger to brush the area below the text. That will give you an effect of a fading text at the bottom. Experiment with the opacity tool because you will probably have to try it a few times until you get it right.
The text overlap effect is similar to the fade effect. Repeat the steps above and then brush the part of the text you want behind an object with your finger. If you brush too much with zero opacity, put it back to 100 and brush the text back into place. Repeat the process until you’re satisfied with how the overlap looks.
- Hit the “Tools” tab on the bottom of the screen and select “Text.” Add your text and then tap the “Stack” icon in the top-right corner.
- When you type in the text, select the ”Opacity” icon at the bottom of your screen and then choose “Invert.”
- After that, select the “Text” icon and choose the brush you want to use.
- Select both the “Invert” and the “Eye” icons at the bottom. That will apply the filter over the entire text.
- Change the brush opacity to 100 and brush over the entire text until it looks like it is glowing.
- Put the opacity back to 0 and erase the text. You should be left with the outlines of the text.
- Open the “Tools” bar and select “Text.” Type your text and position it on the photo.
- Decrease the opacity to your preference, but make sure it’s visible enough. The letters should keep the original opacity of the photo, while the rest of the photo should have less opacity.
Caption Your Photos in No Time
Snapseed is very easy to master. You will be able to add text and all kinds of effects with a little practice. The effects above are just some of the most popular ones, but you can come up with unique effects of your own with a bit of experimentation.
Snapseed makes it easy to edit your photos and make them stand out. Try it, and you will understand why it’s one of the most popular photo editing apps on the market.
Do you use Snapseed to edit your photos? What is your favorite text effect? Tell us how you create unique photos in the comment section below.
How to Connect Wyze Cam to Phone
How To Download Showbox Movies to SD Card
How to Tell if Someone Added You in Line Chat