Line is a popular chat app that allows you to have up to 5,000 friends. The built-in people nearby feature allows you to “collect them all”, at least in your area. Having so many friends can have its downsides, especially on the internet where not everyone is friendly or well-mannered. Luckily, you can delete them. Read on to find out how to delete friends on Line using iOS devices.
How to Delete Line Chat Friends on iOS devices
You can download Line chat app for free if you have not already. Just visit the official App Store page. After you have installed it on your iPhone or iPad and used it long enough to amass a few friends you no longer want to communicate with, follow these steps to delete a friend:
- Open the Line chat app on your iOS device.
- You will automatically land on your Friends page.
- Swipe down until you find the friend you want to delete.
- Swipe left on them.
- You will be prompted to either hide or block them. You will learn about the differences between the two later on.
- After you did one of those two, tap on the More icon in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Now tap on the gear icon located in the top-right of the screen to open Settings.
- Scroll down until you find Friends and tap on that.
- At the bottom, you will see two options: Hidden users and Blocked users.
- Make a choice based on the previous step you made.
- In the Hidden section, tap on Edit next to the name of a friend.
- You will be given a choice to either remove or unhide them.
- In the Blocked users section, also tap on Edit next to a person’s name.
- You will also have a choice of either removing or unblocking them.
- Select remove if you are sure you want to delete the friend in question.
- They will be automatically removed, without pop-ups for confirmation.
Remember that deleting is permanent and cannot be undone. Also, it can only be done as a follow-up after hiding or blocking a friend. A person you have removed will not be able to reach you on Line, which includes sending you messages, calling you, or viewing your profile.
The Difference Between Hiding and Blocking Friends on Line Chat App
Line is unique in many ways, including how it handles blocking and hiding users. You can choose between the two depending on the reason why you want to delete someone from your friend list.
Neither Hide nor Block will remove a person from your friend list, but they will affect your online relationship in different ways. A person you have only hidden will still be able to message you. You can also visit their timeline to see what they are up to, and they can do the same to you.
On the other hand, a person you have blocked will be completely restricted in terms of communicating with you. They will not be able to harass you with spamming messages or call you all the time. Block is definitely a better option if you have more serious issues with the person in question.
Unlike deleting, both hide and block can be reversed following the steps mentioned above. If you think someone deserves a second chance, you can grant it to them to see if they will act anhttps://www.novodasoftware.com/y differently than before.
Are Deleting, Blocking, or Hiding Visible to the Recipient?
Since you can still get messages from a person that you have hidden, it should be obvious they are unaware of your actions. They will not be notified about being moved from your friends’ list to your list of hidden users. They can still see your timeline and assume that everything is fine.
Contrary to that, blocked or deleted friends can come to a conclusion they have been excluded from your besties club. When they try to message you, they will not be able to do it. This should be enough to switch on a light bulb above their head. However, as with hiding, they won’t receive any notifications.
Now that you know all the options for deleting someone from your friend list on Line, you can choose how far you want to take it. You can make it permanent or give them a little time to cool down and readjust their behavior.
Were you ever forced to block someone on Line? If so, did you regret your decision? Let us know about your experiences in the comments below!
How to Use FaceTime Without WiFi
How to Delete All Downloaded Podcasts on the iPhone/iOS
Phone Number Has Been Spoofed! — What to Do to Fix the Problem