Wish has managed to become one of the most popular online shopping apps on the market. Despite this, some parts of its interface are perhaps a bit too confusing for most users. For example, there is no defined option for removing an item from cart.
Fortunately, that doesn’t mean there’s no way to do so. Not just that, there are even more ways to deal with items that you ultimately don’t want to buy. Read on to learn more about handling items that you don’t want in your cart.
Why Is Wish So Cheap?
One of the first questions people have about Wish is how come that the products are so cheap there. First of all, there is no physical brick-and-mortar store, nor is there a middleman. There aren’t even any advertisements for shopping sites. In other words, the funds go right to the sellers since Wish connects the buyers with them.
Additionally, the merchandise they sell is, in most cases, made in factories across China. Besides the prices being lower, this also means that there is less quality control. This explains the generally lower quality of products than, say, on eBay, https://www.novodasoftware.com/especially with electronics.
Most big retailers are able to ship from China straight to the US, Canada, or the UK, but shipping times are generally much longer.
Removing an Item from Cart
To remove an item from your Wish app cart, here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Wish app on your smartphone. There will be a Cart icon in the top-right corner of the screen. Tap on it.
- In the Cart menu, you’ll see the items that aren’t ordered yet and the quantities of each of those items. Find the item you want to remove from your cart and tap on its quantity (the number below the price).
- A new popup menu will follow. Select “0.” Following this one, the next one will ask if you want to remove this item from cart.
- Select “Remove” to remove it, or go for “Save to Wishlist” to move the item to your wishlist.
Canceling an Order
If you’ve already ordered an item, but don’t want it, worry not. You can still cancel the order up to eight hours after placing it. Here’s how to do it:
- Enter the Wish mobile app and open its menu by tapping on the button with three horizontal lines in the top-left corner.
- Choose “Order History” and find the item that you’ve changed your mind about.
- Tap on the “Contact Support” button under that item.
- A chat window will pop up, asking if you need help with that particular order. Select “Yes.”
- The bot will proceed to ask you what you’d like to do with the order. Choose “Cancel my item.”
- Finally, select a reason for canceling your order or type your own. It’s removed right away at no charge.
Note: If you’ve changed your mind later, you can also withdraw up to fourteen days after you receive the item. In this case, you need to pay for the shipping costs when returning the item.
Asking for a Refund
If the item does not arrive after 30 days, you are eligible for a refund. The same goes if you receive a damaged item or one that otherwise doesn’t fit the description. The Wish app might request that you send a few pictures as proof. The only items that you can’t return are those from the Excluded category, such as CDs or hygiene products. In this case, you can request a refund up to 14 days after receiving the item.
Here is how to ask for a refund:
- Start the Wish app, open the menu, and go to “Order History.”
- Find the item that you want to return or ask a refund for and tap on the “Contact Support” button under it.
- Since it’s an already ordered item, the chatbot will ask you if you have received it. If you want to return it, select “Yes” and describe the situation. Otherwise, select “No.”
- When the bot asks you what you would like to do, choose “I want more assistance.”
- Decide if you’d like to receive the money as “Wish Cash” you can use to buy some other item on the site or on your credit card by choosing the “Original Payment Account” option. If you choose the latter, expect the money to come in the following five to ten business days. If successful, you’ll receive a message saying that your response went through. Wish Cash, on the other hand, comes to you immediately and never expires.
Things to Keep in Mind
Wish will return the costs of standard but not expedited or special shipping. It credits refunds either to your credit card or as Wish Cash, depending on what you’ve chosen. Here’s how to return the item:
- When ordering an item, Wish sends a shipping label to you via email. You need to print it.
- Be sure to safely and carefully package your item.
- Once packaged, stick the shipping label on top of it.
- Go to the post office and ship the package.
Note: You’ll get your money back once the seller receives the package. Also keep in mind that each item has its shipping label.
If you have paid for an item using EBANX OXXO, there are two ways to receive a refund. You can receive the money on a bank account that’s linked to your EBANX account or just receive the credit on your EBANX account.
Overall, Wish is a great way to save money because of the low prices. Ordering certain products can be hit or miss, but it’s well worth the occasional risk. The same goes for the customer support. It isn’t the best, and the process tends to be quite tedious, but hopefully you are now better prepared for the next time you change your mind about a product or when it doesn’t arrive on time.
How do you like Wish? What’s the best bargain you’ve got there so far? Tell us about it in the comments below.