The new Apple iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, and iPhone Xr and iPad Pro in iOS 12 have a number of new features which includes security settings and other options that are not available to a standard user. The good news about the introduction of developer mode on iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr and iPad in iOS 12 is that owners can access many features that are usually hidden in most Apple products.
The Developer Mode option means you can control additional aspects of your iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, and iPhone Xr, giving you more control over settings. For example, you can enable advanced features such as USB debugging.
If you are interested in being a developer, install third-party applications, or if you just want to play around with your iPhone or iPad, then you’ll want to learn how to unlock the Developer Mode menu.
In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to turn on Developer Mode in your Apple devices running iOS 12.
How to Enable Developer Mode on iPhone and iPad in iOS 12
- Connect your iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xr or iPad in iOS 12 to your Mac or PC using a lightning cable
- Hold down both the Home and Power buttons at the same time for at least 10 seconds on your iPhone or iPad
- Release the Power button while still holding down the Home button
- Then hold the Home button held down for an additional 10 seconds
- Release the Hhttps://www.novodasoftware.com/ome button and wait for your screen to go black which indicates that your iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, and iPhone Xr has entered iPhone Device Firmware Update (DFU) Reset Mode
You may also want to read How to Exit DFU Mode Safely.
iTunes has Detected an iPhone in Recovery Mode
When Itunes opens, a message will pop up saying, “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone or iPad in iOS 11/iOS 12 before it can be used with iTunes.”
In addition to the message indicating iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode, your iPhone or iPad screen should also turn black, confirming that you’ve successfully started your device in Developer Mode.
Turning on Developer Mode on Different iPhone Versions
If you have an iPhone, you may find one of the following articles useful depending on which iPhone you have:
How To Enable Developer Mode On Apple iPhone 7 And iPhone 7 Plus
How to Enable Developer Mode on the iPhone X
How To Enable Developer Mode On iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max And iPhone XR
If you have had experience enabling developer mode on an Apple device, please leave a comment below.
How to Use FaceTime Without WiFi
How to Delete All Downloaded Podcasts on the iPhone/iOS
Phone Number Has Been Spoofed! — What to Do to Fix the Problem