Those who have purchased the Apple iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus may be wondering how to move app icons and widgets on the Home screen to make the phone more organized and useable.
After all, it only makes sense to make sure the apps and widgets you use the most are the ones that are the most readily available to you and that clutter on your smartphone doesn’t detract from your smartphone’s usefulness.
It might be confusing to some that they can’t move apps around like normal, by tapping and holding on the app, but it does work.
First of all, there are several ways to move app icons around on the Today screen and organize different widgets.
For those who don’t know how to move icons around on iPhone 8 and iPhone 8+, we’ll explain how to move both widgets and app icons around in this article, helping you keep your iPhone optimally useable by you.
How to Add and Adjust Home Screen Widgets On iPhone 8 or iPhone 8+
- Unlock your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
- Go to your Home screen.
- Go to the Today screen by swiping right from either the Home screen or the lock screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom then select Edit.
- Add and remove widgets from this screen, or you can drag and move them around.
Additionally, you can also opt to edit the widgets by going to the settings of their corresponding app. You can learn more about using widgets in this TechJunkie how-to article explaining how to change widgets on the iPhone 8 and the iPhone X.
How to Rearrange Icons On an iPhone 8 or an iPhone 8 Plus
- Switch on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
- From the Home screen, search for the app icon or icons that you want to rearrange or move.
- Press and then holding the relevant app’s icon.
- While still pressing on it, drag it to where you want it to be.
- Release the app icon when at the new location where you want the app to be located.
The above quick steps can also add apps to the Home screen from the App Drawer and should allow you to move and adjust different icons on the iPhone 8 and the iPhone 8 Plus as needed.
If you drop apps on top of each other they start to form into folders which are a great way to organize apps that have shttps://www.novodasoftware.com/omething in common. For example, you might put all your work-related apps in one folder and all your social media apps in another folder.
If you enjoyed this TechJunkie article then check out How To Block Unknown Calls On iPhone 8 And iPhone 8 Plus (Caller Block Solution).
Do you have any suggestions on the most efficient way to re-arrange widgets and app icons on your iPhone? If so, please don’t hesitate to tell us about it in the comments below!