Line is a free instant messaging app available for tablets, personal computers, and smartphones. Although not as popular as its competitors WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger, it is the most popular communication app in South East Asia. Besides Japan, it is the favorite among users in Indonesia, Korea, Taiwan, and Thailand.
When an app becomes so widely spread, it can attract some rude and mean-spirited users. If you are looking to remove friends on Line chat app on your Android device, this article will guide you through the process.
Things You Should Know Before Removing Line Chat App Friends
The great thing about Line is that it gives you complete freedom to choose who you will talk to. This means that you can chat with your friends and acquaintances, whether you import them from your contact list or search for them manually on the app.
No matter if you are friends with somebody or you just met them online, they can be great at first but show their true face after some time. In case anyone is bothering you, harassing you, or sending you inappropriate messages, you have several tools at your disposal.
You can hide, block, or completely remove your Line friends. There are some differences between each of these options which will be covered later on. However, even if you ultimately decide to remove a friend, you will first need to block or hide them.
How to Hide or Block a Friend on Line Chat App
As mentioned, prior to removing a friend, you have to hide or block them. This will give you enough time to think about how severe their punishment should be. In case you find them boring or just do not like them that much, you can start with hiding them.
What Do You Achieve by Hiding Somebody on Line?
Hide is the least severe punishment for your Line friends. When you hide someone, they will still be able to see you on their friends list and send you messages. On the other hand, you will not see them on your friend list.
You will still be able to check out their profile and updates on their timeline. So, where do they end up? You can find them on your profile’s list of hidden users.
To hide a Line friend on Android, here is what you need to do:
- Download the app for free from the Google Play Store if you don’t already have it and open it.
- By launching the app you will automatically land on the Friends screen, which can be accessed from the bottom-left corner.
- Whehttps://www.novodasoftware.com/n you scroll down, you will see your list of friends. You need to select and hold your finger on the name of the friend you want to hide.
- Then tap Hide at the bottom of the pop-up menu.
- Confirm by pressing OK.
To block somebody, follow the same steps, but press Block, which is above Hide in the pop-up menu.
What Happens When You Block Somebody on Line?
If you followed these steps and blocked a friend on Line, this is what is going to happen:
- This person will no longer be able to communicate with you in any way (video, text, or call).
- They will no longer appear on your friend list. Instead, you can find them on your list of blocked users.
- This means that you cannot check each other’s profiles either.
Blocking on Line is not like blocking on other social media apps because it still does not remove the person entirely from your friends list.
How to Remove Friends on Line
Removing a friend is the final step you can take, and it is not reversible. Only after you have hidden or blocked a user, you can remove them by doing the following:
- Tap on the gear icon in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Select Friends.
- Select hidden/blocked users depending on which list you put them on.
- Select Edit next to their name.
- Choose Delete.
Make sure your decision is final because there is no confirmation window.
That is how you remove friends on Line. You will never be seeing or hearing from this person ever again, at least not on the Line chat app. This might seem cruel, but sometimes it is necessary.
What are your thoughts on the matter? Have you removed any of your friends on Line, and if so, what prompted you to do it? Did you regret it or is your conscience clear? Let us know in the comments below!