As you most likely already know, Nextdoor is a social network made for neighborhoods. It gives you a chance to get to know your neighbors better, assuming that they’re also using the app. Besides posting public posts, you can send private messages to people, just like on most other social networks. Here’s how to do this from a computer, an Android smartphone, and an iPhone.
Sending a Message from Your Computer
If you’re in front of a computer screen, you can send a message using your web browser:
- Open the Nextdoor website. Make sure that you’re logged in.
- Near the bottom of the navigation menu, there’s a “Directory” button. Click on it.
- A list of people in your neighborhood will appear. Next to each person, there’s a “Message” button to the right. Click on that button to proceed.
- A new pop-up window will appear, prompting you to enter the message subject and text.
- When you’re done, click on the “Send” button.
You can also send a message to someone from the Newsfeed if you’ve come across a post of theirs:
- Find the post in question and then click on the post author’s name.
- Choose “Message.”
- Enter the message subject and text. When you’re done, click on “Send.”
Sending a Message from Your Android Phone
Make sure that you have the “Nextdoor for Android” app and that you’re logged in here. If you don’t have it, you can download it for free from the Play Store. After you’ve done that and you’ve logged in, follow these steps:
- In the bottom-right corner of the screen, there should be a round green button with a white plus inside. Tap on it.
- Choose “Private Message.”
- The app will then take you to the list of your neighbors. Find and select the person that you would like to message.
- Tap on the “Next” button.
- Write your message. Tap on the “Send” button after you’re finished.
To send a message to a person from a post on the “Newsfeed,” here are the steps you should take on the Android app:
- Find the post on the “Newsfeed” if you haven’t done so already.
- Look for the profile picture of the post author and tap on it.
- Select “Send private message.”
- Write your message. When done, tap “Send.”
Sending a Message from Your iPhone
Again, whichever smartphone you’re using, you need to have their corresponding apps installed. If you don’t have the “Nextdoor for iPhone” app installed, you can download it from the App Store. Here’s how to send Nextdoor messages from your iPhone, provided you have opened the app and logged in already:
- At the bottom of your screen, there will a button that only has two conversation bubbles. Give it a tap.
- Choose the “Compose” option. It’s located in the top-right corner.
- Look for the neighbor you’re planning to message.
- After you have found your person, select “Next.”
- Write your message, then tap on the “Send” button when done.
To directly message someone through their Newsfeed post:
- Find the message or post in the Newsfeed.
- Tap on the profile picture of the post author.
- Proceed with “Send private message.”
- Compose your https://www.novodasoftware.com/message. After that, tap on “Send.”
Since Nextdoor is a social network, the ease of sending messages on it doesn’t come as a surprise. Why not go ahead and get to know your new neighbors better? There’s no reason to put it off.
Are you happy with your current neighborhood? Have you been using some form of social media to keep in touch with your neighbors? Let us know in the comments below.