More and more people are switching from iPhone to Android devices all over the world. Android is already more popular than iPhone in Asia and Europe. In the U.S. iPhone is still number one, but there are more and more Android users every year.
It takes some time to adjust to a different interface and feel of the phone but there is another issue. You want to save as much data as you possibly can when you make the switch. This includes your WhatsApp message history. In this article, you will learn several ways to transfer your WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android.
Method Number 1: Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iOS to Android via Email
Though you can transfer your messages from iPhone to Android this way, it does have its limitations. You will be able to see the messages only in the form of an email. The good thing, however, is that it is absolutely frehttps://www.novodasoftware.com/e.
Follow these steps to get your messages to email:
- Use your iPhone to start WhatsApp.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Then select Chat Settings.
- Select a conversation you want to save. Swipe left and you will see another menu. Tap Export Chat. You can also attach videos and photos to the email.
- Enter the email address you want to send it to and tap Send.
- Now you can use your Android phone to access these messages through the email.
Method Number 2: Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iOS to Android Using Dr. Fone
You can use Dr. Fone’s Fone Toolkit feature Social App Restore to transfer messages and media from your iPhone device to an Android device. Also, you can use it to transfer messages from a phone to a Windows PC. This tool can be also used for restoring and backing up all WhatsApp conversations and media.
Here is how to use this tool:
- You need to download Dr. Fone Toolkit to your PC.
- Once the download is finished launch the program.
- At the bottom right you should see Restore Social App. Select that.
- At the top left corner, you can select WhatsApp.
- Then choose Transfer WhatsApp messages from the menu in the center of the screen.
- Now you need to plug in both of your phones to your computer via USB.
- The software will recognize both your iPhone and Android.
- Mark iPhone as a source and Android as the destination.
- Click Transfer at the bottom right corner to begin.
- Be patient because this can take a while, especially if you are sending a large number of media files.
- You will be prompted when the transfer is complete.
- Note that your previous messages on the Android device will disappear if there are any.
- Restart WhatsApp on your new phone and you will be able to see the transferred messages.
Method Number 3: Transfer Whatsapp Messages from iOS to Android Using Backuptrans
Backuptrans is another great tool for transferring messages and media from your old iPhone to your new Android phone. It can transfer in the other direction as well. Follow these steps to do it:
- Download Backuptrans to your Mac or PC and install it. Make sure you have iTunes installed and updated to the latest version.
- Use USB cables to connect both of your phones to your computer.
- Backuptrans will detect them right away.
- You can choose to transfer all WhatsApp messages from your iPhone to Android phone.
- Find the iPhone on the Devices list. Click on Transfer Messages from iPhone to Android on the toolbar. You can also select this option by selecting and right-clicking your iPhone and choosing it from the menu.
- If you want to transfer only some conversations there is an option for individual transfer.
- Select the iPhone and select your WhatsApp contacts one by one. You can right click on the contacts and select Transfer Messages with this Contact to Android.
- Finally, you need to confirm transfer to your Android device.
- Before you can access your messages, make sure to clear your WhatsApp app data and cache. Restart WhatsApp and you should be able to see your messages transferred from iPhone.
Continue Your Conversations on Android
These are the best methods for transferring your message history from an iOS to Android phone. You should not let them go to waste and lose all the great memories and important conversations. In addition to the messages, you can save all the media files you sent and received, as well.
Note that all these methods are free, but both Dr. Fone and Backuptrans have premium versions with additional features.
How to Use FaceTime Without WiFi
How to Delete All Downloaded Podcasts on the iPhone/iOS
Phone Number Has Been Spoofed! — What to Do to Fix the Problem