Every device, website, forum, and other platform have at least some security features. If you use different passwords for all of them, it’s easy to forget them. Well, if that happened with your Galaxy Note 10 PIN password, you will be locked out of your phone completely. However, there are some things you can try to gain access to your phone again. Keep reading, and we will explain everything you need to know in more detail.
Galaxy Note 10 Security Bypass
Forgetting your unlock pattern or password is easier to fix than when you forget your PIN. The latter issue can only be fixed with a factory reset. You will have to enter the boot options and wipe all information from your Galaxy Note 10 or Note 10+. If you forgot your PIN, you could turn the phone on, but you won’t be able to enter the Home screen.
You can try to power down your phone. But the phone will prevent you from powering it down without a pin. That’s where things get a little more complicated. Instead of turning your phone off, you will have to force it to restart and enter the boot menu during the restart process. Here is what you have to do:
- With your phone on, press the “Volume down” button and the “Side key” together and hold them for 10 seconds.
- Switch to “Volume Up” and “Side key” and hold them another 10 seconds to access the Recovery menu. You might not be able to get it to work with the first try, so keep trying until you do.
- Navigate the menu with the “Volume up and down” keys to “Wipe data/factory reset.”
- Press the Side button below the volume keys.
- Select “Yes” to factory reset your Galaxy Note 10 smartphone.
- The process takes about 15 minutes to complete. Once it’s finished, select “Reboot System Now.”
The process will wipe your device completely, including data, files, and everything else you might have saved on the phone. You will have to download all reinstall all apps and sign in to your phone with your existing Gmail account.
Options for Resetting Your Password
However, if you forgot your pattern or password, you can try a few different methods before turning to the dreaded factory reset. Your options include the Samsung Find My Mobile feature and the Android Device Manager. Both methods are straightforward and they can help you acceshttps://www.novodasoftware.com/s your device if you forgot your password.
Method 1 – Android Device Manager
Android Device Manager can only be used when you’ve synced your device with your Google Account. Here is what you have to do:
- Click on this link to access the Android Device Manager.
- Enter your Google account details. Use the same account you did when you were setting up your Galaxy Note 10.
- Select “Samsung Galaxy Note” from the list that appears on the screen. If you don’t see it on the list, your phone is not tied to that account.
- Tap “Lock” or “Lock and Erase” and follow the on-screen instructions to unlock the phone remotely.
- Enter a new password and hit “Lock.”
- Sign in to your device by using the password you just set up.
- Change the password again using the “Settings” app on your phone if needed.
Method 2 – Samsung Find My Mobile
Samsung provides its users with a security feature that works just like Android Device Manager, but instead of using your Google credentials, you can sign in with your Samsung account. The method works only if you have registered your Note 10 on Samsung’s website previously. Here is what you have to do:
- Open this link in any browser to access the “Find My Mobile” site.
- Sign in with your Samsung credentials and your device will show up in the “Registered Device” tab.
- Choose “Unlock my screen” in the “Protect my device” tab.
- Select “Unlock,” and you will get a message that confirms that your phone’s screen is now unlocked.
- Get your phone and navigate to “Settings.” Go to “Security” to reset your password.
Write Down Your Passwords Somewhere Safe
Everyone forgets an important password or PIN now and then. Forgetting the s your Galaxy Note 10’s PIN is the worst because you will be completely locked out of the phone. However, these methods above will help you recover your device even if you didn’t set up your Samsung account.
How did you regain access to your Galaxy Note 10? Did you use any other methods we didn’t cover? Share your thoughts and experience in the comments below.
How to Connect Wyze Cam to Phone
How To Download Showbox Movies to SD Card
How to Tell if Someone Added You in Line Chat